Following the discovery that his agency used taxpayer funds to fund cruel experiments on dogs, social media users are calling for Dr. Anthony Fauci’s arrest and removal as the nation’s top infectious disease expert.
Over the weekend, the hashtag #ArrestFauci trended on Twitter, amplifying outrage over the experiments, which included one in which beagles were trapped in cages so flies could eat them and another in which they were ‘debarked’ before being pumped with drugs and killed.
One of the most disturbing incidents involving a $375,000 grant from Fauci’s National Institutes of Allergies and Infectious Diseases involved a Tunisian research lab.
- Anger is growing over revelations that US taxpayers funded cruel experiments on dogs.
- A group of 24 bipartisan lawmakers are demanding answers from Dr. Anthony Fauci after a nonprofit claims he permitted experimental drug testing on dogs.
- The hashtag # ArrestFauci was trending on Twitter over the weekend as angry social media users demanded the arrest of the nation’s top infectious disease expert.
- The White Coat Waste Project alleges that Fauci sent $375,800 to a Tunisian research lab where beagle puppies were force-fed a new drug.
- The report claims they were also locked in cages with sand flies that ate them alive and underwent a de-barking procedure to keep them quiet.
- The nonprofit has also revealed three other experiments involving beagles that were allegedly funded by Fauci.
- The lawmakers have called the experiments “cruel” and a “reprehensible misuse of taxpayer funds.”
- They expect Fauci to answer for the alleged misdeeds by November 19.
Click here to view more details.
Function research on the coronavirus at a lab in Wuhan
Additionally, Fauci has been criticized after an NIH official appeared to confirm that taxpayers funded gain of function research on the coronavirus at a lab in Wuhan, China despite Fauci’s repeated claims that was not the case.
In July, Republican Sen. Rand Paul called for the Department of Justice to issue a criminal referral against Fauci for lying to Congress about gain of function research funded by the NIH.
“I will be sending a letter to Department of Justice asking for a criminal referral because he has lied to Congress. We have scientists that were lined up by the dozens to say that the research he was funding was gain-of-function,” the Kentucky Republican told Fox News’ Sean Hannity.
“He’s doing this because he has a self interest to cover his tracks and to cover his connection to Wuhan lab,” Paul continued.
Leave a Reply