Latest and breaking world news headlines for today from assorted sources and top channels: Fox News, CNN, BBC, Sky News, New York Times, The Guardian, Channel News Asia, SCMP,…
World news from The Epoch Times
- Over $800 Million Worth of Chinese Solar Imports Comes Under US Customs Scrutiny for Using Slave LaborSolar panel shipments from China are coming under scrutiny of the U.S. Customs and Border […]
- “I won’t let you be … You just have to kill me …” were Martinez […]
- UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has rejected calls for Conservative Party chairman Nadhim Zahawi to […]
- Verifying Billions of Possibly Ineligible COVID Subsidy Payments ‘Wouldn’t Be Worth the Effort’: CRA CommissionerVerifying billions of COVID-19 wage subsidy claims that the Auditor General previously said could be […]
- UK police should finish their investigation into the beating of a Hong Kong protester by […]
- U.S. Reps. Claudia Tenney (R-N.Y.) and Josh Gottheimer (D-N.J.), actress and human rights activist Nazanin […]
- BAKU—A gunman shot dead a security guard and wounded two other people at Azerbaijan’s embassy […]
- A British vlogger who called for armed insurrection and espoused white supremacist causes has been […]
- MELBOURNE—Novak Djokovic reached a record-extending 10th Australian Open final on Friday and set up a […]
- Some members of the European Union are calling for the body to support renewed construction […]
- Novak Djokovic’s father Srdjian said he would not attend the Australian Open semi-final on Friday […]
- TOKYO—Japan successfully launched a rocket Thursday carrying a government intelligence-gathering satellite on a mission to […]
World news from Fox News
- A Thai activist was sentenced to 28 years for posting messages on Facebook insulting the […]
- An excavation team near Egypt’s Saqqara pyramids have discovered dozens of new artifacts including two […]
- South Korea plans to provide humanitarian assistance to North Korea in hopes of strengthening relationshipSouth Korea's unification minister claims the country will attempt to provide humanitarian assistance to North […]
- Jerusalem and the West Bank remain on edge even as tensions eased after a night […]
- Separate from the linguistic debate, the question of whether it is ethical to display human […]
- Pastor Artur Pawlowski is facing his final trial in Alberta after two years of repeated […]
- Convicted UK transgender rapist will serve sentence in male prison, moved from women's facility after outcryA transgender woman convicted of raping two women when she was a man while be […]
- U.K. officials announced that it would stop offering COVID-19 booster shots to individuals under 50 […]
- Iran has enough highly enriched uranium to build “several” nuclear weapons if it chooses, the […]
- German victims of a fatal train attack Wednesday afternoon have been identified as two teenagers. […]
World news from CNN
- Newly unsealed bankruptcy documents revealed thousands of creditors to whom FTX owes money after the […]
- Chevron reported a record full-year profit of $36.5 billion, buoyed by high oil prices.
- Turkey is less than four months away from a presidential election that could extend the […]
- You might get a sense of deja vu with this edition of Royal News. Long-time […]
- Normally, prices at the gas pump drift lower during the dead of winter as lousy […]
- South Africa has signed an agreement with India to reintroduce dozens of cheetahs to the […]
- While many blue-chip companies reported lower profits last year, Big Oil was having a moment. […]
- Just like the McRib, straws might be a thing of the past at McDonald's.
- A legal fight in Norway over snow crabs could end up having big implications for […]
- The Pakistani rupee fell 9.6% against the dollar on Thursday, central bank data showed — […]
- LVMH posted record results Thursday, and expressed confidence that China's luxury market would bounce back […]
- Scheming "White Lotus" besties Mia and Lucia have moved onto their next gig: a Skims […]
- The menswear shows in Paris are underway and despite chilling temperatures and a debilitating transit […]
- A few weeks ago, Mick Jagger posted a holiday message to his Instagram feed while […]
World news from The New York Times
- The Donetsk region has seen heavy fighting in recent weeks, and Ukraine fears that the area could be a target of a new Russian offensive in the coming weeks and months.
- Iranian officials blamed the assault, which also wounded two guards, on “personal motivations,” while the Azerbaijani authorities called it a “terrorist attack.” A suspect is in custody.
- The move made Meduza the latest journalistic outlet to fall victim to the Kremlin’s efforts to suppress criticism.
- Peru’s unrest continues unabated as the demonstrations move to the country’s capital and the government doubles down on portraying demonstrators as pawns for nefarious interests.
- Auckland declared a local state of emergency as a devastating deluge prompted chaotic scenes, evacuations and power outages.
- The intervention from London angered Scottish politicians, but it’s not clear that backers of independence can use the issue to their advantage.
- An exceptionally cold January has brought the region misery and snarled travel. Experts blame the same arctic system that hit the United States last month.
- President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is trying to soften the blow of inflation on the population and using legal threats to bolster his position ahead of a vote that could reshape his country.
- MC Millaray, 16, an emerging music star in Chile, uses her fierce lyrics to convey five centuries of struggles by the country’s largest Indigenous group against European colonizers.
- A top State Department official said the ouster of several Ukrainian officials this week after corruption charges “sends a very strong signal.”
World headlines from BBC
- Lawyers for the 29-year-old's family say the bodycam footage shows Mr Nichols being severely beaten.
- Somalia's music scene is booming once again after years of conflict and Islamist threats.
- The building, formerly the British Residency in Hyderabad city, is now a women's university.
- All five officers involved in Tyre Nichols' death were black. Experts say that's not unusual.
- The victims are shot dead in a suspected militant attack at a synagogue in East Jerusalem.
- A torrential downpour in New Zealand's largest city prompts evacuations, power cuts and other chaos.
- Moscow is accused of giving refugees Russian passports and allowing them to be adopted.
- The FDA will soon remove a three month abstinence policy for donations for men who have sex with men.
- A US court authorised the release of video from the October 2022 assault on Nancy Pelosi's husband.
- The former Covid czar returns to one of the most powerful jobs in the US government.
- Moscow accuses Poland of attempting to "rewrite history" after it is not invited to the event.
- The statement is the clearest indication yet of the evidence against the British-American influencer.
World headlines from The Guardian
- Unison general secretary says chancellor ‘completely ignoring vital public services’ after he gives speech on […]
- Russia-Ukraine war live: Ukraine claims to have killed 109 Russians in eastern Donetsk battle; Poland to send 60 additional tanksUkraine claims to have wounded further 188 during fighting around village of Vuhledar; Polish prime […]
- Tribunal ruling says there is ‘no leeway’ for woman who was in Saudi Arabia visiting […]
- Exclusive: Treasurer says ‘best way to shift the needle’ is to ‘find out where those […]
- Rosalie Dow asked department for modifications to home but was told the policy was to […]
- Failings in the care of Sarah Andrews and her baby Wynter at hospital in Nottingham […]
- Grant Shapps tells Britain’s two largest steelmakers they must guarantee certain number of UK jobs […]
- Chancellor moves to quash reports that high-speed rail link might not terminate at EustonThe chancellor, […]
- CJ Davis says department will release ‘alarming’ video of officers, now charged with murder, beating […]
- Birmingham-based Soffe family still fighting for compensation after fire in Gulf state left Elizabeth with […]
World news from Daily Mail
- A Holocaust survivor cried as he relived the horror of the Auschwitz-Birkenau deathcamp through virtual reality. The Nazis used the camp to kill 1.1mn people during the Second World War.
- Laura Holmes Cameron has been told she can expect one of the tougher sentences of the group of eight Britons if she is proved to be the ringleader of the alleged racket at trial.
- The MMA fighter posted footage of the immediate aftermath on his Instagram page saying 'I could have been dead' as an incredibly apologetic man tells McGregor how sorry he is.
- A fifteen year old boy has been found safe after travelling 2,000 miles across the Indian Ocean for six days and waking up in Malaysia after falling asleep in a container playing hide and seek
- JK Rowling made her huge donation when Britain and America pulled out of Kabul at speed, leaving hundreds of women judges, prosecutors and defence counsel under threat.
- Baltazar Lemos, 60, from Curitiba, Paraná, announced his death on social media and set up a hoax funeral for his friends and family. He wanted to see what his own funeral would be like.
- Ali Aboungab, 24, was detained at Cluj International Airport in northern Romania in the early hours of this morning after trying to leave the country following the crash (file image).
- Samantha Murphy 40, has launched a civil and criminal case against McGregor after the alleged incident last summer where she claims she was forced to jump off a yacht and broke her arm.
- Rasmus Paludan, who holds both Danish and Swedish citizenship, first staged the incendiary protest on Saturday outside the Turkish embassy in Stockholm.
- The Russian President, whose war continues to shatter peace in Europe, repeated his claim on the day when the world remembers the utter evil that led to the deaths of 6million Jews.
Channel News Asia
- Tabled 19 years ago, the proposed legislation is now a priority for the Indonesian government.
South China Morning Post
- Hong Kong tycoon auctions 77 handbags, including 6 diamond Hermès Birkins, valued at HK$16.3 millionFugitive tycoon’s collection of 77 handbags, which will be auctioned online, is valued at up […]
- 1.1 million people were killed at the concentration camp in Poland under the occupation of […]
- Apple leads China’s fourth-quarter smartphone sales as market posts fifth straight year of decreased consumer demand in 2022While China’s total 2022 smartphone sales contracted 14 per cent year on year to reach […]
- Justice secretary says The Hague-based court does not have jurisdiction to allow a suspended investigation […]
- President Joe Biden has extended special treatment for US-based Hongkongers, citing ‘compelling foreign policy reasons’.
- Alibaba denies reports it is building a global headquarters in Singapore, saying development is for its Lazada subsidiaryAlibaba denies local media reports it is building a new global headquarters in Singapore, saying […]
- Nikolai Romanov urged his followers to disobey the government’s lockdown measures and spread conspiracy theories […]
- Scientists have discovered that when the Amazon warms, so does the Tibetan Plateau, whereas the […]